Friday, January 10, 2014

The End Is Near

The end of the transmission rebuild, anyway. As previously discussed, when the transmission went down in a blaze of glory, the torque converter and front pump got like, totally wasted, brah. I found some relatively inexpensive replacements, thanks again to the internet, and ordered them as soon as I could be pretty sure I wouldn’t ruin everything else before I would need them. They came on Wednesday...

...and after breathing a sigh of relief that I’d ordered the right parts after all, I dressed up the pump with the necessary seals and such that came in the rebuild kit, and installed it:

I also test-fitted the converter in it, very carefully since I’m now superstitious that it will get stuck like the old one somehow, probably while my fingers are behind it. All good so far, though.

Stuff still left to do for this phase:
- adjust the tension on the clutch bands
- put the valve body back in
- add a hole for a drain plug in the pan, so the whole thing doesn’t have to be removed for a routine service
- reattach the pan and some bits of hardware on the outside of the case

No comments:

Post a Comment