Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Prepping for Surgery

The Eagle’s transfer case is going to have to come out before the transmission does, it alone being roughly the size of a Volkswagen. For that I procured a “universal” jack adapter from AutoZone, figuring that since that’s where I got my jack, the adapter should be a perfect fit.

Well, the fit was less than perfect, but still serviceable, and the bolt that holds the top part of the adapter on appears to be made of cooked linguine, based on how easily it bends. A new one might be in order, but I’ll probably try to use it once to see how it works.

Boom. Check out all its majesty.


I’ve got the straps around the transfer case and I’m just about ready to attempt to lower it after I get the bolts undone. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment